Sartre's text can be found here.
- Diabolical, adj.
- Specter, n.
- Inextricably, adv.
- Desiccated, adj.
- Compunction, n.
- According to the Valet, what is the first question people always ask upon entering hell? Why is that ironic?
- What other limitations does Garcin find in the room?
- What does Estelle mean when she says, “I suppose each of us has a sofa of his own”(6)?
- How did each character die?
- What were their jobs when they were alive?
- For which specific reasons were they damned?
- Why is Garcin concerned with courage and cowardice?
- An old saying posits that “Three’s a crowd.” How does Sartre prove this?