The full script of The Cherry Orchard can be accessed here.
- “Allez” (French):
- “Basta” (Italian):
- Dachas (Russian), n.
- Kvass (Russian), n.
- Livery, n.
- Muzhik (Russian), n.
- Samovar, n.
- Lout, n.
- Mitigating, adj./v.
- Palpable, adj.
- Why did Lubov leave the estate to go to Paris? Why is she returning now?
- Describe Yepikhodov.
- How does Firs symbolize the outdated social order?
- Who is Trofimov, and why is he important to the family?
- How does Gayev respond to Lopakhin’s idea to lease the land (Act 2)? What does this reveal about his character?
- Why does Lubov hold a dance on the day of the auction?
- What could the dance represent? (Various)
- How is Lopakhin a conflicted character?
- Who ultimately buys the orchard?
- The play begins and ends in the nursery. What could this symbolize?