Watch Dr. Gonzalez' introduction to Cervantes (required: chapter 1; optional: chapter 3).
- Buckler, n.
- Interminable, adj.
- Affable, adj.
- morion, n.
- Appellation, n.
- Appurtenances, n.
- Ermine, n.
- Rubicund, adj.
- Mellifluous, adj.
- gorget, n.
- Succor, v.
- Castellan, n.
- Which stories have inspired Don Quixote? What do they describe?
- Research: who was Don Belianis?
- Why does Quixote decide to become a knight?
- Describe Quixote’s armor.
- How does Quixote transform his adventures through his imagination? Give examples.
- What bizarre events happen at the inn?
- Why does the innkeeper agree to “knight” the crazy man?
- What is Quixote’s first “peril” (459)?